Introduction to Trade Compliance
Who Is Involved in Your Transaction?
- Functional Introductions to ''Who'' Key Concepts and Scenarios
- U.S. Exports
- Exporting Software
- Export of U.S. Technical Information
- Export of U.S. Services
- Deemed Exports and Deemed Reexports
- U.S. Screening
- OFAC Sanctions & Embargoes
- Exporting U.S. Technical Information: Sending Controlled Technology to Potential Suppliers
- Deemed Exports and Deemed Reexports: Plant Tours
- End-Use Restrictions: End Use Is Important
- U.S. Sanctions & Embargoes: Identifying Export Control Red Flags
What Is the Subject of Your Transaction?
- Functional Introduction to “What” Key Concepts and Scenarios
- Control Lists
- U.S. Export Authorizations
- Authorizations Under the ITAR
- Authorizations Under the EAR
- U.S. Penalties for Export Control Violations
- Authorizations: Export Requirements – Shipping to Other Countries
- Authorizations Under the ITAR: Joint Proposals with Third-Country Partners
How Is Your Transaction Being Conducted?
- Functional Introduction to “How” Key Concepts and Scenarios
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Money Laundering
- U.S. Antiboycott Rules
- Corruption Controls: Did My Colleague Offer a Bribe?
- U.S. Antiboycott Rules: I Received a Boycott Request
- Diversion: Red Flags Concerning an End User
- Reporting: Accurate Reporting to Hierarchy and Authorities